Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 23
- There is a point at which you aren't as much mom and daughter as you are adults and friends.
- Jamie Lee Curtis
- She tried in every way to understand me, and she succeeded. It was this deep, loving understanding as long as she lived that more than anything else helped and sustained me on my way to success.
- Mae West
- A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, and it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.
- Helen Steiner Rice
- There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
- Jane Austen
- He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed aften and loved much.
- Bessie Anderson Stanley
- Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.
- Oprah Winfrey
- Then someone placed her in my arms. She looked up at me. The crying stopped. Her eyes melted through me, forging a connection in me with their soft heat.
- Shirley Maclaine
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. You are connected to your child and to all those who touch your lives. A mother always has to think twice: once of herself and once for her child.
- Sophia Loren
- In the beginning there was my mother. A shape.
A shape and a force, standing in the light.
You could see her energy; it was visible in the air.
Against any background she stood out.
- Marilyn Krysl
- People always talked about a mother's uncanny ability to read her children, but that was nothing compared to how children could read their mothers.
- Anne Tyler
- It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
- Elizabeth Kenny
- Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.
- Harriet Braiker
- I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors.
- Bette Midler
- A child is a gift whose worth cannot be measured except by the heart.
- Theresa Ann Hunt
Mothers Quotes Page 24
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.