Christmas Around The World
Quotes Page 4
- Nobody knows of the work it makes
To keep the home together.
Nobody knows of the steps it takes,
Nobody knows-but Mother.
- Is my mother my friend? I would have to say, first of all she is my Mother, with a capital 'M'; she's something sacred to me. I love her dearly...yes, she is also a good friend, someone I can talk openly with if I want to.
- Sophia Loren
- There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life with, and on that capital I have made my way.
- Andrew Jackson
- In all my efforts to learn to read, my mother shared fully my ambition and sympathized with me and aided me in every way she could. If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother.
- Booker T. Washington
- Woman knows what man has long forgotten, that the ultimate economic and spiritual unit of any civilization is still the family.
- Clare Boothe Luce
- Likely Mother (to son wandering around the room):
"What are you looking for?"
Mother: "You'll find it in the box where the candy was."
- Story-Telling Dad
Six-year-old Mary woke up about two in the morning. "Tell me a story, mamma," she pleaded.
"Hush, darling," said mother. "Daddy will be in soon and tell us both one."
- Surely Feminine
Visitor: "And what will you do, little girl, when you get as big as your mother?"
Little Girl: "Diet!"
- Courteous Retort
Operator: "Pardon me, madam, but your girl seems more than twelve."
Her Mother: "Operator, would you take me to be the mother of a girl that age."
Operator: "Lady, don't tell me you're her grandmother!"
Mothers Quotes Page 5
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net