Christmas Around The World
Sayings and Proverbs
- Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart. - German Proverb
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. - Jewish Proverb
- The greater love is a mother's; then come dog's; then a sweetheart's. - Polish Proverb
- An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy. - Spanish Proverb
- Proverbs 31:26-28
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household. And eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
- John 19;26-27
When jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy son! And from that hour the disciple took her into his own home.
- Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of children.
- William Makepeace Thackeray
- "We Have a Beautiful Mother"
We have a beautiful mother
Her green lap immense
Her brown embrace eternal
Her blue body everything we know.
- Alice W
- Like mother, like daughter. - 16th century Proverb
- What the child says, he has heard at home. - African Proverb
- One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade. - Chinese Proverb
- "A rich child often sits in a poor mother's lap." - Danish Proverb
- Summer is the mother of the poor. - Italian Proverb
- Children are a bridge to Heaven. OR Heaven is under feet of mothers. - Persian Proverb
- What the daughter does, the mother did.
- Jewish Proverb
- An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship.
- Spanish proverb
- In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer.
- Norwegian Proverb
- Gratitude is the heart's memory.
- French Proverb
- There is no home that is not twice as beautiful as the most beautiful city.
- West African Proverb
- A baby us an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase.
- French Probverb
- Who takes the child by the hand, takes the mother by the heart.
- Danish Proverb
- Children are poor men's riches.
- English Proverb
- There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
- Chinese Proverb
- To understyand your parents' love you must raise children yourself.
- Chinese Proverb
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net